December 17, 2008

Top Pair, Weak Kicker, Check-Raise

Next one: Villain is of the clueless kind. Shoves marginally, plays his strong hands slow, chases draws relentlessly, minimal hand selection.

Villain ($1,800)
Hero ($1,200)

Hero posts (SB) $10
Villain posts (BB) $20

Dealt to Hero Kc 7h
call,
Villain raises to $40
call,

I limped for the first time in the match, and he obviously wasn't having any of that. Calling the minraise is of course trivial.

FLOP ($80) Ks 2c 4c

Villain bets $20
Hero raises to $80

I read minbets like this generally as weak, and as I have TP, I raise it to protect and charge draws and worse pairs.

Villain raises to $320

Whoops. Big raise. Trying to scare me? Has a huge hand? lets have a look at this, then.

I can see him trying this with 2 clubs, OESD, Kx, 2 pair, a set, any pocket from 55-AA and 22. Also a fair amount of junk, 2 broadway etc. He IS clueless, afterall.

Without the random junk, that gives me an E of 59.2% .... quite alot. Lets take out all the PP's under the K apart from the sets: still 57.9% ... Without FD's which aren't at least J high: still 53.2%
Right, only A or K high FD's, Sets and Kings, then: Still 49.8%. Still a shove with dead money in the pot. Taking out any unsuited Kings with a worse kicker than mine: $47.6%. Still an instant shove. I just cannot narrow down the range enough, I'm shipping it in.


Hero raises to $1,160
Villain calls $840

TURN ($2,400) Ks 2c 4c Qd
RIVER ($2,400) Ks 2c 4c Qd Jh

Villain shows Kd 5d
(Flop 22.2%, Turn 13.6%)

Hero shows Kc 7h
(Flop 77.8%, Turn 86.4%)

Hero wins $2,400

No comments:

Post a Comment